So, what's the matter?The polish music band Behemoth (death metal) is infamous in Poland for its "antireligious lyrics" and "provocative behavior" during live perfomances. I emphasize this country (my home country) because there is proably no other place on Earth where these musicians deal with such a strong opposition.
At this moment Behemoth is successively touring through Brasil. They had toured through US when "The Polish Satanist Tour" began. And when it comes to Poland we can hear an annoucement in the radio and see the post on Behemoth's Facebook page like: "Concert in Poznań moved to another date" and then: "Concert in Poznań canceled". This is the second case in Behemoth's 2014 tour when a concert is canceled (the first was meant to take place in Russia but wasn't, probably because of political issues). Poland isn't the only country where live a lot of Christians but at the same time it is where lots of people think that Adam "Nergal" Darski is a satanist (and they don't even mention the rest of the band). Why?
I arrived to Poznań with my friend, Isabel. She's Atheist, I'm Catholic. However, our goal was common - we wanted to have fun during brilliant perfomance which Behemoth obviously gives and listen to good music. We wasn't able to. That made me think - is this all because of religious feelings (so common nowadays) or censorship which acts against something/someone inconvenient (against people who think independentely)? I'm quite confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment