25/04/2014

3. Broken Crown Halo by Lacuna Coil

    Here it is! The newest Lacuna Coil album called "Broken Crown Halo" released on 1th April 2014. I've been waiting for this moment for months. One month passed and I had a lot of time for reflection listening to it. As a true Coiler (this is a specific name for LC fans created by its musicians) I believed in its success till the end. Was I right?
     After releasing I wasn't able to get it at once, I had to wait four or five days. Until that time I had read about ten album reviews more of which were suprisingly... negative. In comparison to "The Satanist" by Behemoth whose the lowest rating was probably 4.5 and the highest 5, "Broken Crown Halo" didn't receive even 4. I didn't change my mind, I asked myself "why should I give up because of some internet reviewers?". However, I started to think if I was too recless to order an album which I hadn't listen to first. Obviously, it was too late. But I still believed in my favourite music band.
     So how it is?
     I listened to it carefully, I refrained myself from giving an opinion before getting to know this album very well. I repeated it few times and now I think I didn't waste my money. "Broken Crown Halo" isn't so bad as other people say. I must forget about old albums like "Comalies" (2002) or "In a Reverie" (1999), my personal masterpieces, but even if I don't like the new Lacuna Coil's sound, this album seems to be very interesting. Except that it is something fresh, new... The band have done some music experiments that I find extraordinary. Powerful "Nothing Stands in Our Way" at the beginning and touching, memorable "One Cold Day" at the and of the album, what is more "I Burn in You" and its oriental intro or my favourite - emotional "I Forgive (But I Won't Forget Your Name)". That's not all. Each song has something to say and does it in an interesting way.
     In comparison to "Shallow life" (2009) and "Dark Adrenaline" (2012), my personal rating is 4.5. It would be more if it weren't for lack of very low and very fast songs. "Broken Crown Halo" is worth recommending.



1 comment:

  1. It is funny that you yourself a coiler, as this word has a meaning on its own. In general you blog, your posts and your interests seem to be very consistent, however, a bit surprising to me, but that is just because I hardly know you. Looking back to your first post: don't be so harsh to yourself. What you write is no heap of refuse, definitely not the biggest one that I can think of :-))))

    ReplyDelete