27/03/2014

2. Manga&Anime

 
     I've been a great fan of manga since I was a child. I was probably about 10 when I saw my first Anime called Shaman King. This japanese cartoon made me think that becoming mangaka (a professional manga cartoonist) was something that I must achieve in my future. From then I started to draw manga. This is not a japanese "cartoon" any longer. Now this is art.
     What is the diference between "anime" and "manga"? It's not complicated. The first is an animated TV series and the second - simply comics. In general, manga comes out first but it's not a rule. Nowadays it's rather easy to get one, even in Poland. What is more, you can read manga and watch anime in the internet if you don't have enough money to buy them. It means that now it's much easier to make progress as a young mangaka.
     What is special about manga and anime?  For me watching anime and reading manga is an opportunity to get to know a japanese culture which is truly amazing. Secondly, just as a book or a movie, manga and anime can tell an interesting stories and teach. What is more, you may simply have fun with them. Anime series I personally like are following: Death Note, Inuyasha, Naruto and Bleach (both old seasons) and recently Kuroko no Basket.
     I doubt I'll become mangaka, but there is one thing I cannot deny. Anime and manga play a huge role in my life for sure.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment