Doing my homework for English classes I found an interesting podcast I’ll present to
my professor in less than two weeks. This is an interview with a famous guest
hosted by Alec Baldwin. His show is called ‘Here’s the thing’. The famous guest
is Janice Min.
Long story
short:
Janice Min
is well-known in the United
States for her work for famous magazines
like ‘Us Weekly’ and ‘the Hollywood Reporter’. She started as nobody, as she
stated in the interview. Having graduated from the Columbia University,
she was hired by Us Weekly’s Jann Wenner (the same guy who owns the Rolling
Stone magazine) and worked as the executive editor under famous / unfamous
Bonnie Fuller. Because of the clashes between Jann and Bonnie (due to creative
differences) Wenner offered Janice a different job. She became the editor in
Chief. The newsstands’ sales were high.
The experience
she gained there was then used to transform another magazine. The Hollywood
Reporter had a hard time trying to keep readers interested. Before the Janice
era it was known for low quality dishonest writing. She moved from New York to California
and totally changed the magazine’s direction. It became a must read for all
industry players. She immediately knew what to do to make that happen.
I’ve never
heard about that figure before but having listened to the whole podcast I feel
inspired. She’s a gifted and powerful woman admired by many. She wanted to earn some money and ended up totally transforming the business. She’s a wife and the
mother of three children. She seems invincible.
And it seems
like I’ve found a role model...

It makes me very happy to see that your work for the course gives you satisfaction and inspiration. :)
ReplyDelete