Graham
Norton Show is one of my favourites. It’s entertaining, it’s clever (at times)
and it makes you aware of how much you’ve improved in terms of English. I’d
recommend it to anyone who's keen on Hollywood
and British cinema, or to those who like watching talk shows in general. I wasn’t
interested in talk shows at first. Then I found the GNS on Youtube and it
started: several hour long marathons, untamed desire to watch more and more.
For me it’s always that captivating. I just watch one video on Youtube after
another.
I should
probably start by explaining what exactly the Graham Norton Show is. The show
originates from Great
Britain. It’s hosted by an extremely likeable, funny guy whose name is, of course, Graham Norton. He’s one of
those comedians who are born with adequate facial features to make people
laugh…. I mean... to achieve a great success in the business… He doesn’t have to
finish a sentence, you already smile. The effect is also achieved thanks to his
distinctive, comical voice (there is an episode where Benedict Cumberbatch,
who is known for his great imperssions, imitates the voice; it’s worth a
watch). What’s more, Graham Norton has a great timing and he lets their guests
speak. By the way, his remarks are usually on point. You can’t dislike the guy.
A good host is this show’s greatest asset. He encourages his guests to share their weird / awkward / funny / interesting experiences with the audience. And they are mostly great story tellers.
Here you
have a small dose of the GNS :
No comments:
Post a Comment