18/10/2017

01. Loose thoughts on comics


We all do know comic books even if only a few of us have actually read it. I personally started this journey by reaching out for Japanese comic book (Manga). It was called Naruto. I admired Bleach as well. Than I grew up… and I focused on the classic inspired by Japanese and Chinese mythology known as Inuyasha. Then I focuced on manga about basketball called Kuroko no Basket. Finally (my current obsession), I fell in love with Noragami. However, Manga wouldn’t have been my first comic book if it hadn’t been for lack of opportunities in my childhood. I was too young to read comics online in foreign languages and there were no shops selling them nearby. Otherwise I’d have collected quite a few till this day. Titles like Justice League, X-men, Spider-man or Batman are these I wish I’ve bought being younger.

Marvel and DC, these are two gigantic publishers. One of them is associated with successful blockbusters and politically correct new issues and another one - with cheesy, bad quality movies and critically acclaimed bestselling comic books. Their rivalry is strong, however not so strong compared to Internet wars between two fandoms. This ‘conflict’ is equivalent to the divisions like Cola/Pepsi, KFC/ McDonald, cats/dogs... There’s absolutely no chance you could love them both (they say so…).

Honestly I’ve never read any of DC’s or Marvel’s comics. I grew up with their animated tv series. It’s time for changes. I know what issue I’m going to purchase and it’s exactly the one I’ll gladly review here on my blog. However, the big movie premieres (Thor Ragnarok, Justice League) come first. I hope they are worth waiting for. 

https://moviesroom.pl/images/1.CZERWIEC-LIPIEC/Leszczynska/marvel-i-dc-1000x600.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment