It’s been a
while. It's been quite a long time actually. After one year break I’m back to Poznań in order to study
French again, this time on an advanced level, which is great but scary at the
same time. I don’t find my language skills sufficient to carry such a burden;
however, I’m going to do my best in hope of catching up with my peers as
quickly as possible. That’s the plan.
I knew that
coming back would change my life again. This is the 4th year of
studying at the University of A. Mickiewicz
(UAM), still I feel like a freshman. I’m getting used to going to sleep/
getting up early, being constantly in a hurry, eating things that might provoke
uprising in my digestive system, spending hours at the university and then
a few more at home to do piles of homework. I’m also getting used to the
greatest enemy of every college student. Fatigue. I missed it some much, the
feeling of intense tiredness inside my head enhanced by desperate need of sleep
while trying to carry on with my studies. This week is a perfect example of
that. I’m extremely tired even if that’s still the beginning. Not sure if this
is caused by one year gap or if there’s actually a big difference between
licentiate and master’s degree I was not really prepared for. Before starting I
imagined I’d fulfill every duty and that I’d be able to do some extra stuff on
my own. Now, I’m not so sure. Maybe I was gullible. Maybe it’s still too early
to judge.
My English
isn’t great, it never was. What is more, this type of activity (a blog) isn’t
absolutely my thing (not anymore). It’s also extremely hard to do this stuff on
time. However, I like my second language a lot and I do want to polish it.
That's why I’m
starting anew right now…
No comments:
Post a Comment