19/03/2018

16. Making “HoDdeok” – Korean perspective


Recently (yesterday, to be honest), I found out about an interesting Youtube channel. It belongs to a Korean guy who presents content on Korean and Polish language and culture. As much fascinating as his other videos really are, I’d like to focus on something specific and go back in time to one of my previous blog entries at the same time, more precisely, to the Sweetness of Korean cuisine. I explained there how to prepare an oriental pancake, which I truly love till this day and I think I finally learned how to make them taste marvelous.

I’ll explain it one more time, briefly : hotddeok is a Korean yeast pancake filled with sweet sauce (sugar, cinnamon and nuts optionally).

I found a rather simple recipe in Polish on the Internet, tried it out and then I decided to write about it on my blog. I was convinced that a “real Korean hoddeok” is made differently. Guess what, it’s not necessarily the case! There are some small differences between Korean and Polish ingredients; however, the outcome seems pretty much the same. I learned about it thanks to Korea Kolega channel. The montage of his videos is really Korean, I’d say. So, this is a great opportunity for those who don't know how Korean TV really works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment