I was first introduced to the team of the most iconic superheros created by DC Comics as a young girl loving cartoons and spending one third of her free time (another two were devoted to drawing and playing computer games) on watching it. I'd already known some Marvel brands like Spider-man (my favourite back then), X-men, Hulk, Iron-man or Fantastic Four. As a child I didn't notice the difference between Marvel's titles and the Justice League. That was just 'another super hero animated tv series'. Then it started : researches, awarness and disbelief. I coudn't believe that love for comic books could lead to so much hate between fans. It wasn't even that bad back then. Today the conflict, fueled by cinematic universes (MCU and DCEU) is unbearable.
Beside the preferences, there is one factor that divises the two fandoms : Marvel's MCU pleases critics, mass audiences and majority of its fans while DC's DCEU... does the opposite. Firstly, Man of steel - just ok, Batman vs Superman - destroyed by most critics. Suicide Squad - considered one of the worst comic book movies ever, Wonder Woman - the biggest crowd pleaser among them all, well received in the United States, however, seen as overrated. What about Justice League, then?
Long story short, Justice League is a movie about a threat from another world which might be stopped by a team of people with special abilities. After the events in Batman vs Superman, Batman tries to convince Wonder Woman to help him find some metahumans (Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash) and save the planet Earth.
I've seen it. It wasn't what I expected it to be, however, I wasn't disappointed. I think it's definitely worth watching if you're a fan.
What's bad about the movie?
- The fact it was directed by two people with different approaches to superhero genre : Zack Snyder's visuals are dark and characters and their stories even more so; Joss Whedon presents lighter tone, his characters are jokey regardless of the situation. It doesn't mix well in this movie
- It's too short. There is not enough time to introduce all characters well, it feels rushed (due to WB's mandate the film was shortened by 50 minutes)
- The CGI isn't that great, yeah, but what's more important, there is to much of it, even for a comic book movie. Practical effects would me more impressive.
- Too much jokes. Seeing Batman who makes one joke after another you could only cringe. Some of these jokes were out of place and goofy.
Why Justice League is worth watching?
+ The chemistry within the team and the team in general are great.
+ It deals with the destruction of the world, but it doeasn't become overdramatic.
+ Two good scenes after credits
+ Zack Snyder's visuals are great as usual (CGI or not)
I won't comment on the soundtrack ('OST' isn't the right word to name it).
These are my thought. Hope you enjoy it.
Peace out
No comments:
Post a Comment