19/11/2017

06. Museum


Sometimes visiting a museum is like going back in time. It teaches us a memorable history lesson. We can learn there about our ancestors, some long-dead creatures, witness a prominent art... or find a lost part of ourselves.

My latest visit at the museum wasn't a life changing experience; however, I left the National Museum in Poznań with something more than a head ache. It changed my perspective. It made my aesthethic sense reborn. Before going at the University of Adam Mickiewicz I used to look at a lot of things through the prism of artistic sensitivity. I studied shapes, colour ranges, details and arrangement of light and shadows of random objects on a daily basis. I was seeing interesting "pictures" everywhere and then, due to significant changes in my life, I just gave it up. Recently I'm going back to my old habits. The museum in Poznań simply boosted it up. It changed just a small but important part of myself.

There was a particular piece of art I immediately fell in love with. It was a painting which delighted and impressed me the most thanks to a meticulous work of its painter : the portrait of Anna Elżbieta Raczyńska by Carl Wilhelm Wach. That was it, the painting simply mesmerized me. Extraordinary skills, paying attention to details and beauty are what left me speechless. Such a talent. Such a stunning job. I eagerly recommend seeing it in the museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment